We’re only a month into the new year but the hottest, most stylish fashion trends for the spring and summer are already being talked about. At Rocky Mountain Apparel, we thought we’d share just a little bit of what we’ve been hearing.
- Sequins is making a comeback Sure, Victoria’s Secret has been sparking up their loungewear with sequins for a very, very long time. But thanks to designers like Gucci and Marc Jacobs, you can expect to see a lot more sequins throughout Denver as the year goes on.
- Pastels—everywhere Pastels aren’t just for Easter anymore. Form t-shirts, to pants, to purses and shoes, clothing designers are embracing the softer hues.
- Bold colors Denver is about to get some color. For as much as we’re hearing about pastels, we’re also hearing quite a bit of chatter about bold, bright colors. Don’t be surprised when you see them.
- Hello, 1980s At Rocky Mountain Apparel we recently put up a post that talked about the reasons you should clean out your closet. And while we’re still strong advocates of de-cluttering your space, if you happen to stumble across some 1980s- inspired apparel, you may want to hold onto that. Designers across the globe have been busying themselves with recreating that look.
- Checks and plaid are here to stay Plaid shirts aren’t only for lumberjacks. Designers still seem to have an affinity for these types of patterns, so don’t expect to see them fading away anytime soon.
- On. Everything. In case you haven’t already see it, fringe is popping up on everything. We’ve see it on boots, we’ve seen it on skirts and we’ve seen it on dresses. This time around, fringe isn’t just for flappers. It’s for any sophisticated, fashion forward woman who is looking to make a statement.
- Belt Bags are back (But why?!) Belt bags are making a comeback—and while high-end fashion designers are trying to make this accessory sound “cool” by using an updated name, we here at Rocky Mountain Apparel feel like we should call a spade, a spade. It doesn’t matter which designer slaps their logo on it— belt bags are nothing more than a fanny pack. If you’re brave enough to sport the look outside of an 80s themed house party, we’ll commend you.
- Pencil skirts If you’ve been overwhelmed by leggings for the past few years, we have some good news for you. Pencil skirts are back and they’re back with a vengeance. Rock on with your feminine self.
- Ruffles (And we aren’t talking about potato chips) Dress lovers rejoice! Ruffles are everywhere this season and they’re a great outward expression of your inner femininity.
At Rocky Mountain Apparel, we’ve been helping shoppers in Denver (and throughout the world) come up with custom apparel and accessories for more than 30 years. If this year’s “off the runway” styles aren’t quite your thing, you’re in luck. We can help you create your own look. Be sure to check out our online store today.